Emmen - idyllic holidays by the lakeside
A small municipality in the Drenthe province, Emmen is located in the northeast of the Netherlands, not far from the German border. While on holiday in Emmen, you should take time to learn more about this green region and its soil. In the middle of dolmens dating from the ice age, a walk on the Hondsrug heathland combines history, culture and nature. The region also has 21 green routes which present the environment and typical landscapes of Drenthe in an engaging way.
Set on the banks of De Grote Rietplas lake, in the natural area in Drenthe, the Sandur park offers spacious detached cottages with an outdoor area by the lakeside. During a holiday with your children in Emmen, you can make the most of the lake by going swimming, fishing or paddle boating. In the evenings during your weekend in Emmen, head to the Centre park where there are several restaurants offering a wide variety of meals and a fun and friendly live music show.
The Sandur park can be enjoyed by couples and families alike. Adults can practise their swing on the 9-hole golf course located next to the village, while children enjoy the Emmen leisure park. A mini-farm and several play areas await them. The Emmen water park has a large swimming pool, small paddling pool for children and aqua aerobics classes for the whole family. You can also swim in the lake or go for long cycles on the cycle paths in the village.
10 minutes from Sandur park is Emmen animal park, one of the most famous ones in the Netherlands. Make the most of your family holiday in Emmen by visiting the outdoor park where animals roam around, separated from visitors by simple ditches, and the indoor area of 17,000m² with a shark aquarium, butterfly garden and a museum about the history of life on earth. You can also plan active holidays in the Netherlands and opt for a tree-top adventure course in the Gieten-Borger forest.
extra 15% Family- or 55+ discount More info
Book your stay at least 2 months in advance and receive 15% discount for families or groups with at least one child younger than 13 years or at least one adult older than 55.
Family and Senior discount is valid during fixed periods and is not valid for all types of cottages. If the reduction is valid for the period in which you want to make your booking, it will be shown during the booking process that you can take advantage of this reduction.
CONDITIONS CHANGE YOUR STAY FREE OF CHARGE
OFFER FREE CHANGE OF BOOKING - TERMS & CONDITIONS
The General Terms and Conditions of Sales, remain applicable except for the conditions described below which prevail:
Validity of the offer:
- This offer is only valid for new bookings made after 11/02/2021, with an arrival date before the 30/09/2021.
- This offer is valid for all bookings concluded through https://www.centerparcs.eu/ and for all destinations.
- This offer is valid for bookings made via our call center, website https://www.centerparcs.eu or on our parks in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.
- The price offer is based on an adjusted offer of activities and/or facilities at the village.
Payment for arrivals as from 1/10/2020: the normal payment conditions apply, as stated in our general terms and conditions
Conditions for modifications:
- You can modify the village, date and/or cottage type.
- You can modify your booking twice, at least 21 days before arrival date.
- If you want to modify the arrival date, you can postpone until 31/12/2021 (maximum arrival date).
- This new date and/or new village is subject to availability.
- In deviation of the General Terms and Conditions of Sales, no administrative costs (charge) for the modification of the booking will be charged.
- If the new booking is more expensive, the price difference is charged to you.
- If the new booking is less expensive, the price difference is returned to you through a voucher.
- If you wish to modify your booking, please call our Call Center to modify the booking.
- This offer doesn’t apply to cancellation or any other modification.
- Please note for any other modification or any cancellation (including a 2nd change of the same booking and/or modification doesn’t concern the village or the date), the General Terms of Sales will remain applicable to your booking.
An unprecedented feeling of freedom, surrounded by a glistening lake
Drenthe, a province of peace, woods and lots of water. This not only means cycling and hiking, but boating and fishing at De Grote Rietplas as well!
- 83 activities
- 3 Luxury levels
From Tue 16 until Thur 18 Mar (3 days - 2 nights) - 8 pers.
€ 279€ 99
Price per accommodation* The prices shown exclude reservation costs (€29,50 per booking), tourist taxes and other fees.